If banana bread isn’t for you then maybe a slice of Carrot Cake can tempt you!
Last week we posted this awesome Carrot Cake recipe on our Instagram page and because so many of our followers loved it we’re sharing it with all of you!
You will need:
225g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp salt
175g light muscovado sugar
275g carrots grated
60g of seedless raisins (optional)
2 medium eggs
3 tbsp oil
Juice of 1 medium orange
225g low fat soft cheese
4 tbsp icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Pre heat the oven to 180°c then grease and line a round cake tin with baking parchment
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, ground ginger and salt into a mixing bowel. Stir in the sugar, carrots and raisins mix again.
3. Beat together the eggs, oil and orange juice then pour into the dry ingredients. Combine until all the ingredients are fully mixed together.
4. Spoon the mixture into the tin. Bake in the oven for 45-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Leave to cool
5. To make the frosting, place the soft cheese in a bowl and beat to soften. Sift the icing sugar and add the vanilla extract. Stir well
6. Remove the cake from the tin and smooth the frosting over to top. Decorate with grated carrot and a dusting of ground ginger.
Bake and enjoy!